Mom still can’t figure out how to use emojis. What on earth does 🍦🌵😵mean?! She tags you in embarrassing photos from kindergarten. She won’t stop telling her friends about that time you borrowed her car and broke the side-view mirror. It was already broken, Mom! But at the end of the day, she’s still your mother. And for one day a year, she deserves a whole lot of praise and maybe even a dozen roses.
This Mother’s Day, we’re letting those embarrassing moments slide ‘cause let’s face it — moms are AWESOME. Forget sappy greeting cards, we’re into really cool gifts.
1) Rose Box – All mothers love roses, that is until they wilt and die. Good thing there’s a NYC-based flower brand that’s found a solution to this oh-so-natural problem. These insta-worthy fresh cut roses actually stay beautiful all year long! Choose from a best-selling arrangement — we love the 4 Ruby Pink Roses Jewelry Box — or customize a unique floral gift, just to your mother’s taste. The perfect twist to a classic Mother’s Day bouquet.
2) SKIMS – With all the time Mom’s been spending at home lately, she could use a little pick-me-up. Our top pick? Ultra-comfy loungewear from the one and only Kim Kardashian West. Your mom will feel like a real celeb lounging around the house in her form-fitting, cozy knit pants. You might even Katch her (we couldn’t help ourselves!) snapping selfies or filming TikTok videos. Not sure which style to send? Give Mom the gift of choice with a SKIMS e-gift card.
3) Milk Bar – In the words of this deliciously fun brand, “Every mom deserves treats.” Send mom The Sweetie — an assortment of truffles and cookies — or keep it basic with a Strawberry Shortcake Cake. For moms who like to cook, Milk Bar’s Instagram account is bursting with easy-to-follow recipes from its founder and award-winning chef Christina Tosi. Invite mom to a Zoom baking party for some extra favorite child points. Oh, and for those of us last-minute shoppers, Milk Bar offers same-day delivery right to your mother’s doorstep.
4) Gardenuity – Here’s a fresh gift idea for mothers with a green thumb. The Giftable Herb Garden is perfect for nurturing mothers who love gardening — indoor or outdoor. With this modern gardening set, Mom can harvest mint leaves for tea or grow rosemary to garnish her famous lemon chicken. The kit comes with additional harvesting tips, recipes, weather updates and more. Gardenuity offers a variety of inspired gardens and home accessories — guaranteed to bring a fresh and abundant vibe, all season long.
5) Scentbird – For mothers who appreciate the finer things in life, this DTC brand has the ultimate gift to leave a lasting impression. Sure, you can send your mom her favorite perfume — been there done that! But this year, we’re thinking even bigger — like a monthly subscription to the fragrance of her choice. Your mother will delight in browsing a wide selection of designer scents — Prada, Gucci, Tom Ford and more — and trying out new scents every month. Now that smells like an awesome Mother’s Day gift!